for Life's

June 6, 2017

Live In 24hr care

June 6, 2017

Dementia & Alzheimer’s Care

June 6, 2017

Respite and Holiday Care

June 6, 2017

Home Care

October 29, 2015

Home Services

About Extrahandcare services

Providing The Highest Levels of Care & Support

Extrahandcare services is a privately owned care agency based in the North West of England. Born out of personal experiences and commitment to providing highest levels of care, support and companionship to adult and elderly,

offering services such as; respite care, & live in and visiting carers. Our personalised care service gives the Service Users the independence to choose the type of care they receive in the comfort of their own homes and familiar surroundings.

Read more

How to Fund Your Care

  • 01-event
    Extrahandcare Services is aware of the funding issues which can arise when considering social care support. It is important that independent financial advice is obtained before any care packages or agreements are considered. You may have worries about the costs involved in getting care and support at home, but if you have been assessed as needing care, financial assessment will be carried out to see how much you can afford to pay towards the cost of services, while still having enough money to live on. Your local authority should be your first information source and can signpost you to various organisations which can assist you, your family or a representative acting on your behalf. All social care support is means tested and the criteria is set annually by the Parliament, although the assessment of need is completed by your local authority. If you’re not entitled to financial assistance from the council, you’ll have to fund your own care. However, you can still seek advice from your local social services department about how best to meet your needs.
    How To Fund Your Care


  • I was put in contact with Extrahand by my local social worker, after asking for help with respite break from taking care of my mother who is 100 years old and still in her own house.. Extrahand is fantastic. The staff they provide are so caring, I've never known carers like them. i did worry about leaving my mother with carers who I knew nothing about, but my mother accepted them very well and they looked after her as if she was their own mother. Would recommend this agency to anyone who is looking for elderly care.
    Christine Anthoney

Latest News from ExtraHandCare

June 6, 2017

Government funding and the home care industry – what does it all mean?

You may have noticed in the news recently that concerns are being raised over the current state of providing home You may have noticed in the news […]
June 6, 2017

Improving quality of life at home for the elderly

With many older people preferring to stay in their own homes for as long as possible, home care can be With many older people preferring to stay […]
June 6, 2017

Going the extra mile: the top qualities for a care worker

We know that providing home care can be quite a tough job for all involved. It takes someone talentedWe know that providing home care can be […]